Search This Blog
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
The 70's Needed Safety Recall Lists
This is a story told to me by my father since I was too young to remember this one however it should still be told because it is funny and adds to the list of many things I should have died from. My parents must have been playing "Baby Fear Factor" with me since I was the practice baby. My parents loaded up the Chevette to take a ride to wherever parents in the county in the late 70's would travel to. Normally I was not a quiet baby so it would be rather odd for me to be quiet during a car ride. Mind you I saw photos which I will add as soon as I locate them, I had a carseat but it wasnt belted into the car it was just free stylin one sharp curve and I could've ended up in the floorboard. Anyway my parents were driving along, listening to the radio and chatting away when they said to each other "Gosh Melissa's Been so quiet". Thats when they noticed it they looked back and I was gasping for air. This is when I realized I have always had a big mouth (the better to gossip with) I had a round shaped baby rattle stuck in my mouth for only God knows how long. The entire top of the 3-dimensional rattle was jammed in there so that only the stick handle was sticking out. I had no choice but to be quiet. The panicked parents managed to pry the rattle out of my mouth. My only concern with their parenting abilities in regards to this story is What the Hell took so long for you to notice this? It's dangerous being a big mouth but If you are around me in the same room with me or whatever for GOD'S SAKE if Im quiet would someone please check on me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment